The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley, and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrolment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley, and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Singapore.
Location: Remote – U.S.
Eruditus and its sister company Emeritus provide Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs) to students all over the world. We have partnered with top schools across the globe, such as Columbia Business School, The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, MIT, Wharton, London Business School, Cambridge, and UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, to provide condensed, intense, practical, and convenient programs, which can either be conducted completely or partially online.
EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll into full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. The Emeritus and Eruditus global team includes 550+ employees located in the US, Dubai, Mexico, India, China and Singapore.
The Associate Counsel, Contracts, U.S. & LATAM role will support contract drafting, review and counseling primarily in the areas of University Partnership and Enterprise Business contracts, commercial contracts, marketing and other vendor contracts, and IT contracts for the U.S. & LATAM businesses, while supporting the legal team with data protection, security and privacy matters, and protection of confidential information. The incumbent will support global contract management and administration, including corporate functions with transactions in the above-mentioned areas, and will collaborate with the Director, Global Legal Affairs, and other legal team members on global projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate University Partnership and Enterprise Business contracts, commercial contracts, marketing and other vendor contracts, and IT contracts for the U.S. & LATAM businesses
- Provide counsel with respect to structuring business transactions and negotiating terms and conditions of contracts
- Prepare and update Emeritus form agreements including collaborating with regional counsel in LATAM to ensure country-specific matters are addressed
- Update and create new draft form agreements for high volume transactions in U.S. and LATAM
- Manage contract management system relating to U.S. and LATAM contracts and related contract compliance, including when necessary, counseling internal clients with respect to contract disputes
- Provide guidance on privacy laws as they impact the U.S. and LATAM contracts
- Train internal clients with respect to contracting process/practices relating to U.S. and LATAM including confidentiality agreements and contracts playbook
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts with regard to intercompany transactions in order to manage intercompany agreements and relationships
- Work within an increased volume of activity in business-critical legal matters; working across a number of different types of transactions
- Juris Doctor and active bar license in good standing in at least one state
- 4-7 years demonstrated legal experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex agreements for a variety of commercial matters based upon the laws of the U.S. and LATAM
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) required
- Privacy law experience in U.S. and LATAM preferred
- Experience in higher education is a plus
- Experience as in-house counsel of a global company in addition to law firm experience preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating IP-related agreements and software licenses preferred
- Self-motivated, flexible, and efficient working style
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen
- Quality-oriented with a focus on detail and the ability to identify and resolve issues independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience interacting with members of a small team and in advising business units
To apply for this job, mail us at Keisha.Richardson@emeritus.org