The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley, and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrolment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley, and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Singapore.
About the Team
The Emeritus Global Human Resources team is seeking a strategic, versatile, and hands-on HR Business Partner for our US & Europe team. This role will be remote, reporting to the Associate Director, Human Resources (Americas & Europe) who is based out of Boston, MA. The remainder of the Human Resources team is in located in Boston, Shanghai, Mexico, and Mumbai. Emeritus is a global organization with 600+ team members, with 60+ based in the U.S. Our HR team is incredibly passionate about the candidate and employee experience.
The HRBP will be a lead business partner for Human Resources for the U.S. and Europe, with potential work in other regions. Specifically, the HRBP will be allocated to our new B2B Enterprise team. This position may be allocated to additional departments depending on business needs. The person in this position will act as a as a go-to partner and coach for all levels of team members, including our executive or “JEDI” team.
We are seeking a passionate culture-driver who will help create in an amazing employee experience not just in the U.S., but globally. The HRBP will be responsible for ensuring an aligned HR plan with global and regional priorities. You will partner with both regional & functional stakeholders and leaders in the region to further both business and talent priorities.
HR Business Partnership: Your main client group will be a brand new B2B Enterprise Sales function, mainly based in the U.S., with some team members in the UK and Europe. For the B2B Enterprise team, and other teams, you will provide HR Business Partnership in the following areas.
- Employee Engagement
- Lead organization design, identifying gaps and helping leaders to scale to meet the needs of the business
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Own both voluntary and involuntary offboarding process, including exit interviews and surveys
- Lead Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and other employee engagement initiatives
- Partner with leadership based on semiannual engagement surveys to analyze, understand, and act upon employee feedback
- Talent Development
- Develop career pathing structures, including competencies for departments across the US & Europe
- Develop compensation models that are aligned with the organization’s strategic vision
- Enhance current talent management practices, including goal setting, review, feedback, and calibration/talent review processes
- Proactively identify, create, and deliver learning & development training
- Provide guidance on and execute business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Own performance management process, including coaching plans and Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
Operational Excellence: As a growing HR team, our HRBP will also oversee critical operations related to the people function, such as:
- Formulate forward-thinking policy & procedures across the organization
- Handle employment visas, immigration needs, and employee relocations
- Manage vendor relationships, including U.S. PEO (Professional Employer Organization), external legal counsel, immigration counsel, etc.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law requirements, reducing legal risk and ensuring compliance. Partner with outside counsel as needed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in areas including EEOC, 401(k) NDT & 5500 Filings, H&W 5500 filings
- 6-10+ years of Human Resources / Talent experience
- Experience in Education or EdTech required
- Experience supporting Enterprise, Sales or B2B teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to think in greys
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to apply it effectively
- Strong understanding of U.S. employment law
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience in fast-growing, dynamic organization
- Experience in international organizations preferred
- Recruiting experience a plus
- Experience in Education or EdTech strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; HR certifications a plus
To apply for this job, mail us at Keisha.Richardson@emeritus.org